Specific Information for Students

If you want to study at the school of Art Dionisio Ortiz (EADO), the first step is to check if there is a bilateral agreement between your home institution and EADO in the field of your
degree. Otherwise, you cannot come as an Erasmus student, because freemover/visiting students are not accepted.


Between both your home institution and the School of Arts Dionisio Ortiz there should be a bilateral agreement in the field you wish to study in Córdoba. Your home institution must send us your nomination, confirming us that you have been granted the status of an Erasmus student.


After receiving your nomination, the international relations office will check if you can be accepted according to our bilateral agreement and send you an e-mail demanding the following documents:

-Passport or identity card
-European Health Insurance Card or a private medical insurance covering the full length of your stay in Spain

After being accepted, incoming students will receive an email with the instructions to fill in the online learning agreement (OLA). This should be done within 30 days after the reception
of the email.

Specific Information for Partners Universities/Institutions

If you wish to send us your student’s nominations, please be aware that you must fill in the following online nomination form:
Nomination Form

Language requirements

The teaching language is Spanish. The incoming students will be informed on courses to improve their language skills for a fruitful academic period in Córdoba.

Erasmus+ OLS offers opportunities to study, and to strengthen linguistic skills and support language learning. The sending institution will provide the student a Spanish language course license.

Periods to send your students nominations:

For Fall semester or whole year stays (September-January or September-June):
The link for nominations will remain open from 1st of March until 31st of May.

For Spring semester (February-June):
The link for nominations will remain open from 1st of September until 31st of October.

* Please, note that we will not accept nominations by email, post or any other way anymore.
* We will only accept nominations sent by a nominating international office or a nominating university/institution staff member.

Should you have any doubt with the online nomination form, do not hesitate to contact us at

After receiving the nominations, the International Relations Department will check if they are acceptable in accordance with the bilateral agreement and will send to the students an email with the information they need to fill in the online learning agreement.

Course Catalogue

Credit System

Grading system

erasmus+ grading system

Academic Calendar

Academic Calendar

Medical Insurance

Citizens from countries belonging to the European Economic Area (the 27 countries of the European Union plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) that are entitled to Social Security
in their country of origin are required to apply for the European Health Card. This form is issued by the public health authorities of the different countries mentioned above and entitles holders to healthcare provision in Spain.


Citizens from countries that do not belong to the European Economic Area should check if there are bilateral arrangements and agreements between their country and Spain in relation to Social Security and medical care. This type of agreement is currently in place only with some Latin American countries including Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Paraguay and Peru. There is also an agreement of this sort in place with the Principality of Andorra. If there is an arrangement or agreement in this regard between your country and Spain, you must process the document with the public health authorities of your country to be eligible to receive healthcare in Spain.

Non-EU citizens from countries without this kind of agreement in place with Spain are required to take out private medical insurance, as they are not legally entitled to access free Social Security in Spain. This medical insurance is essential to apply for a student visa at Spanish consular offices, as well as for the subsequent application for the ‘authorisation to stay for study purposes’ once in Spain. The medical insurance should be valid for the entire stay in Spain. This insurance may be Spanish or foreign and should include repatriation costs in the event of death.

Visa and insurance

Before starting your studies in Europe, you will have to make sure that your paperwork is in order. You should always have valid identification and if applicable a visa corresponding to
your resident status.

For more information check the following link:

Are you a non-EU citizen wishing to study in Spain?

You can find information below on the conditions to fulfil and procedures to follow, as well as the rights you can enjoy during your stay.

1. Conditions

To study in Spain you must:

be admitted to an officially recognised public or private higher education institution;

  • be registered as a student in a higher education institution in Spain;
  • obtain a student visa and a stay permit for the purpose of studies. If you are already in Spain (in a regular situation), you can apply for the residence permit without obtaining a previous student visa.

2. Procedures

Where to apply

You must obtain a student visa at the Embassy or Consulate in your country of residence. If you are already in Spain in a regular situation, you must apply to the Provincial Aliens Affairs Office

Documents to submit

  • You must prove:
  • admission to an officially recognised, public or private educational institution;
  • health insurance;
  • a health certificate;
  • sufficient financial resources to cover your living expenses, the costs of your studies and your return;
  • parental consent if you are a minor.

Duration of validity of permits

The duration of the stay permit for the purpose of studies is equal to the length of the course for which you have been admitted and is renewable.

This permit shall be extended annually if you show that you continue to meet the original conditions required for the first permit and that you meet the requirements for the activity.


Decisions can be challenged by way of an administrative appeal.

Further information

More on Studying in Spain

3. Rights.

Employment during studies

You are allowed to work during your studies if your employer presents a request for a work permit and all the relevant requirements are fulfilled.

The activities have to be compatible with your studies and the salary must not be a necessary resource for your subsistence or living although it would be taken into account.

Employment after studies

If the conditions are met, you can work in Spain after completion of your studies.

You must have a job offer and your employer must file the application for a work permit. You have to show that you have been in Spain for three years under a student permit. A
minimum period of residence in Spain should not be required if you find a job as a highly-qualified professional or if you are going to start up a business.

Besides, after the completion of your studies you can apply for a job searching residence permit valid for a 12-month period.

Family reunification

As a student, you are entitled to be joined by your spouse and children under 18 years old or in your custody for the duration of your studies.

More on Reuniting with your family in Spain

4. Mobility

If you have a permit/visa for studies in an EU country and are covered by an EU or multilateral programme or an agreement between universities, you may carry out part of your
studies and work (in addition to your studies) in Spain if you fulfil certain requirements. You may reside and study in Spain for up to 360 days. If you are not covered by a programme or agreement, you can apply for a new permit/visa in Spain here


Spain applies the notification procedure: the notification must be done by the higher education institution established in Spain to the Provincial Alien Affairs Offices. The notification should be done before the entry of the student in Spain, although it is possible to do it after the entry within a period of one month.

Documents required

  • A valid travel document;
  • the authorisation issued by the first EU country;
  • evidence that the student carries out part of the studies in Spain in the framework of a Union or multilateral programme that comprises mobility measures or of an agreement between two or more higher education institutions and evidence that the student has been accepted by a higher education institution in Spain.

For further information check the EU Immigration Portal on the following link:


Teachers who are interested in coming to Dionisio Ortiz School of Art, for job shadowing or other collaborations, should contact us in

Further information

Erasmus students network: